Please find below a list of summer events in Mammoth Lakes. This list is updated in the Spring of each year and then throughout the summer as event details, venues, dates and contact information changes, so check back frequently!
Last updated on 7/29/2012
Dave McCoy College Classic Ski/Snowboard Race
Ski Club Appreciation Day at Mammoth Mountain
Fishing Season Opens
Fishing Enhancement Fundraising Dinner
Ski and Golf Classic
Rossignol Race Camp at Mammoth
- Convict Lake Spring Trout Derby
- Crowley Lake Fish Camp Trout Derby
- Mammoth Lakes Trout Derby
- Snowcreek Doubles Tennis Tournament at Snowcreek Athletic Club
- Mammoth Motocross: www.mammothmotocross.com
- Mammoth Lakes Lion's Club 10k/5k run
- Celtic Festival in Mammoth Lakes
- Wizards of Wooden Music Festival
- Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast in Mammoth Lakes
- Fourth of July Parade in Mammoth Lakes
- Shoes and Brews Horseshoe Tournament at Grumpy's in Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Jazz Jubilee Website: www.mammothjazz.org
- Snowcreek Seniors Tennis
- NORBA National Bike Championship Series at Mammoth Lakes
- A Grand Night for Singing - Mammoth Lakes Summer Theatre
- Children's Fishing Festival in Mammoth Lakes
- Firemen's Canoe Races
- Firemen's Picnic
- Charthouse 5k/10k Road Run
- Chamber Music Workshop in Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth 250 Dual Sport Ride
- 2 - 5: Mammoth Open Tennis Tournament.
USTA-sanctioned tournament at Snowcreek Athletic Club.
- 3 - 5: Mammoth Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza.
60+ of the best craft breweries and great food with blues music from the Johnny Winter Band, Edgar Winter Group, Rick Derringer, Leon Russell plus more!
- 3 - 5: Mammoth Lakes Fine Arts & Crafts Festival.
Celebrated artists display their work in the Kittredge Sports parking lot.
- 5: Footloose/Chart House 5k/10k Run/Walk.
California's highest 10k and 5k at 8,000 feet.
- 9 - 11: Sierra Summer Festival.
Conductor Bogidar Avramov will lead The Sierra Summer Festival Orchestra in a concert dedicated to "The Big B's!" Bach, Brahms and Beethoven, A celebration of Bogidar Avramov's 35 years with the SSF!
- 10 - 11: The Mammoth Margarita Festival.
A celebration of fine food , music and tequila. Over 15 tequilas, margarita alley, four Latin bands and tapas from local eateries.
- 10 - 12: Pedal/Paddle Adventures.
Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra adaptive adventures including cycling, kayaking, fishing, camping, cookouts and more!
760 -934-0791, www.DisabledSportsEasternSierra.org
- 11: Crowley Lake Stillwater Classic.
Fly fishing competition to raise funds for Crowley Lake fisheries enhancement. Huge cash and prizes.
760 -935-4301, www.CrowleyLakeFishCamp.com
- 11: Mammoth Lakes Challenge Triathlon.
Compete in either a 500-meter swim, 21-mile bike ride and 3-mile run OR a 200-meter swim, 6-mile bike ride and 2-mile run.
- 12: Quake & Shake 10k/Half-Marathon.
Run goes through Crater Flat.
- 17 - 19: Mammoth Festival - Wine, Music, Food & Art.
World-class vintners, live concerts, appetizing eats, wine walk, winemaker dinner and amazing art all weekend long.
- 19: George's Triathlon.
The Gruelathon is a 1/4-mile swim, 6-mile mountain bike ride and 2-mile run.
415 -335-0179, www.Sierra-Nevada-Races.com
- 24 - 25: Mammoth Rocks - A Taste of the Sierra.
Headliners include Fishbone, Agent Orange and more. Taste your way through fine eateries while enjoying amazing rock music.
- 25: Mammoth Mud Run.
A challenging 5k filled with obstacles, mud pits and fun!
- 1 - 2: Mammoth Bluegrass Festival.
Bluegrass music from Jeff Scroggins & Colorado, Chris Stewart & Backcountry, High Country and more.
- 1 - 3: Labor Day Tennis Tournament.
Fun and competitive doubles play at Snowcreek Athletic Club.
- 1 - 3: Labor Day Festival of the Arts.
Over 100 fine artists and craftsmen present their work at Mammoth Lakes' premier art event.
- 2: Ned's Mammoth Rock Race.
10k trail run on the scenic and challenging Mammoth Rock trail.
- 3 - Nov 15: Ambush at the Lake.
Convict Lake Fall Fishing Derby featuring $6,000 in resort prizes and T-shirts.
- 5 - Nov 15: Fall Fishing.
Fishing derbies and trout stocking raffle.
- 7 - 9: Granite Man Challenge.
Participate in one of the following events or compete in the entire Granite Man Challenge.
760 -717-0176 www.HighSierraTri.org
- 7: Granite to Granite Swim.
Swim one mile in June Lake.
- 8: High Sierra Fall Century.
100-mile road bike ride in the scen ic Eastern Sierra.
- 9: Tioga Pass Run.
Run up Tioga Pass to Yosemite National Park. 12.4 miles - only one hill!
- 8: Hop 'n' Sage Festival.
Great brews, food and bluegrass music.
760 -934-7141, www.MammothLakesBrewing.com
- 8: Mono County Free Fishing Day.
No fishing license required on September 8.
- 13 - 16: Fly Fishing Faire.
Fly-casting, fly-tying, lessons for the family and more. Beginners to advanced, Great prizes!
- 15 - 16: Fiesta Caliente.
Celebrating lV1exican Independence Day with music, dance, art, food and kids' activities.
- 21 - 22: Oktoberfest.
Traditional German fare and family fun activities.
- 22 - 23: Everest Challenge Bike Race.
The undisputed, hardest 2-day USA cycling race and ride!